There’s no other way to put it. Life’s a Breeze. With lots of Wifi.
Anguilla has a diverse selection of properties to choose from for your stay.
List of approved properties
Disclaimer: Please note, the list of properties is continuously being updated as new properties become Safe Environment Certified.
Don’t wait another minute.
Paradise is waiting.
Answers to questions you may have.
1. Is the airport open?
The airport is currently open to pre-approved travelers. Visitors desirous of visiting Anguilla must complete our travel request form via www.ivisitanguilla.com/escape.
2. What happens if I cannot get my test results in time to upload before traveling to Anguilla?
A negative PCR test taken three to five days before arrival is an absolute requirement before receiving approval to travel to Anguilla. The website is constantly monitored, so once the test is done within the specified timeframe, entry permission certificates will be issued up to the day of travel. Failing that, approval would not be granted and your trip would have to be rescheduled.
3. What are the hotels/villas cancellation policies, especially if I cannot travel at the last minute?
Hotels/villas are encouraged to implement flexible cancellation policies. However, each visitor must familiarize himself/herself with the cancellation policy of the property at which they intend to stay.
4. How long does it take to get the test results on the island?
Results are received within 12-24 hours.
5. If the results are negative from our first test, are we free to move around the island?
Visitors are free to move around the island without restrictions only after they have received a negative test result from their test taken on arrival.
6. What happens if I test positive on arrival, do I have to go to a government facility?
A visitor who tests positive on arrival may be allowed to remain in isolation at his approved accommodation if he/she is asymptomatic or is experiencing mild symptoms that do not require management at a medical facility. He/she will be managed by the health team, which will include monitoring of symptoms, hospital transfer if necessary, and subsequent medical clearance.
7. What happens if I contract the virus and test positive while in Anguilla?
A visitor who tests positive while in Anguilla may be allowed to remain in isolation at his/her approved accommodation if he/she is asymptomatic or is experiencing mild symptoms that do not require management at a medical facility. He/she will be managed by the health team, which will include monitoring of symptoms, hospital transfer if necessary, and subsequent medical clearance.
8. Can I leave the island if I test positive?
It is unlikely that a visitor who tests positive will be able to leave the island before medical clearance of the infection unless as medical evacuation, covered under their COVID-19 insurance policy.
9. Am I required to have travel health insurance?
Travel insurance is not required but recommended.
10. What fees are travelers now expected to pay when traveling to Anguilla?
A single testing fee of US$200 will be charged as of October 1, 2021. This covers the arrival test and Day 4 test for all visitors. The Day 4 test, once valid for onward/return travel requirements, can be used at no additional cost.
11. How are travel advisors and airline staff serving Anguilla being kept updated?
12. Are Anguilla’s protocols the same for passengers arriving from all markets?
Yes, the protocols are the same. All visitors are required to complete the application for approval at www.ivisitanguilla.com/escape and submit a negative PCR test for COVID-19, taken three to five days before the date of arrival in Anguilla. Approval is granted subject to a negative result. All visitors are required to undergo a PCR test upon arrival to Anguilla.
13. What is the quarantine/stay in place period for US and Canadian travelers?
Visitors staying at a resort, hotel, or licensed villa will be required to remain in placeuntil they receive a negative result from their test taken on arrival. Vaccinated returning nationals or residents will be required to quarantine for four (4) days. Unvaccinated returning nationals or residents accompanying them will be required to quarantine for ten (10) days. Unvaccinated minors and adults (even if vaccinated) travelling with them will also be required to quarantine for ten (10) days.
14. How are transfers from the airport to my accommodations being handled? Are we crowding in a van with other visitors? Are there new limits on capacity?
Transfers are being handled by Safe Environment Approved ground transportation operators. Capacity and seating will depend on the ability to ensure social distancing for visitors/passengers who are not travelling in groups or a family unit.
15. If we have to stay in our accommodation, can I only dine at the hotel restaurant?
Visitors are required to utilize accommodation restaurants until they are receipt of a negative test result from their test taken on arrival to Anguilla. Once a negative test result is received, visitors can dine out.
16. If there is no restaurant on property, can someone deliver groceries/restaurant takeout to our hotel/villa?
Yes, you can have someone deliver groceries or meals to your hotel or villa.
17. Is it possible to hire a chef to prepare meals for us during our stay in place period?
Yes, once the protocols are followed you can hire a chef to prepare your meals.
18. Will housekeeping be provided during our stay in place period?
Yes, each approved accommodation has its standard operating procedures as it relates to housekeeping and cleaning.
19. Can I visit the beach and will I need to wear a mask on the beach?
Beach access is allowed only after a negative result has been received from the test taken on arrival. Masks are not required on the beach. However, social distancing of at least 1 meter must be maintained at all times, for persons who are not within the same group.
20. What excursions/tours are available/open?
Excursions and tours are accessible once in receipt of a negative test result from your test taken on arrival
21. What Restaurants are open?
Most restaurants are open and can be enjoyed once you are receipt of a negative test result from your test taken on arrival. Your concierge can assist you with making arrangements.
22. Can I rent a car and drive around the island myself?
The use of rental vehicles is prohibited until after visitors have received a negative test result from your test taken on arrival.
23. What are the protocols on the island? i.e. What are the social distancing guidelines for dining and properties?
Mask wearing and social distancing are mandatory on the island. The social distancing protocol is three (3) feet or one (1) meter.
24. Are masks mandatory even after we have tested negative for the second or third time?
Masks are mandatory and must be worn upon arrival to Anguilla, while travelling through the airport or seaport and when in public spaces.
25. Will PPE be available for purchase?
Yes, PPE is available for purchase. However, visitors are required to use masks upon arrival to Anguilla while traveling through the airport or seaport and on their way to their approved accommodation.
26. How will passengers bound for Anguilla be handled at connecting points, such as SXM and SJU, and other hubs?
Please refer to travel requirements/protocols for your designated hub/transit destination
and fill out all necessary entry
The links are as follows:
Sint Maarten: www.stmaartenehas.com
St. Kitts and Nevis: https://www.knatravelform.kn
United States (US) Virgin Islands: https://usvitravelportal.com
27. Is Anguilla part of any arrangement where coronavirus testing is done by the airlines immediately before departure?
No, Anguilla does not have arrangements with airlines for coronavirus testing before flight departure.
28. Can I visit/travel between nearby islands during my visit? Are there different protocols for each island?
Once the protocols are met, visitors can travel between nearby islands. Visitors will be required to follow the protocols to return to Anguilla. Yes, each island has different protocols.
29. When will Blowing Point reopen and ferry services from St. Martin resume?
Ferry Service between Anguilla and St Martin (French) has been discontinued until further notice. Since November 1, 2020, Charter and Shuttle service is available for boat transfer to/from St. Maarten via the Anguilla - St. Maarten Ferry Terminal. Reservations are required.
30. How will transfers from the airport to the ferry be handled? Are we crowding in a van with other visitors? Are there new limits on capacity?
Airport transfers to the Ferry will be handled as per the protocols instituted for Taxis on St Maarten.
31. How many people will be allowed on a ferry over to Anguilla?
This will vary according to the passenger capacity of the Ferry.
32. Will we be tested before we get on the ferry or when we arrive in Anguilla?
Testing will be done upon arrival at Blowing Point Ferry Terminal, Anguilla.
33. What are the protocols for passengers on yachts arriving at Road Bay?
34. Where can Anguilla’s travelers get accurate, updated information?
35. What is the age requirement for testing a child, and do they have to undergo the PCR nasal swab test?
Nasopharyngeal swabs are conducted on older children. However, the oropharyngeal swabs are done on children typically less than two years of age.
36. What is “Home Stay in Place”?
This is the period in which movement is restricted to your accommodation or private dwelling.
37. What does it mean to be Safe Environment Approved?
This certification is ONLY awarded to Services/activities which received training and or attended sensitizing seminars and whose operating protocols have been approved.